March 8, 2014 - Tactical Home Defense Shotgun
3T’s Tactical / Home Defense Shotgun (T/HD Shotgun) is an 8 hour course that teaches the students the fundamentals of fighting with a shotgun. While many people are familiar with the basics of the 12 gauge shotgun, and quite a few have hunted with shotguns, using a shotgun in a tactical / home defense environment presents its own unique challenges. The capabilities and effective range of the shotgun are often very misunderstood issues and subject to quite a bit of urban legend and myth that don’t meet reality.
This course will enhance the student’s knowledge of and use of the shotgun, primarily as it is used as a home defense weapon. There is heavy emphasis on reloads and ammunition management at all times.
With the scarcity of .223 / 5.56 ammo on the market lately, many people have returned to the shotgun as a viable self defense option.
Tactical / Home Defense Shotgun Prerequisite: None
- Firearms Safety Rules
- 6 Fundamentals of the Tactical Shotgun
- Side Saddle Configuration
- Slug Change-Overs
- Proper Use of Cover and Concealment
- Threat Discrimination
- One handed shotgun firing, manipulations, and reloads
- Basics of room clearing / home defense with the shotgun
- Any pump action or semi-auto shotgun with a shoulder stock. 12 gauge recommended, but 20 and 16 gauge will work too. A sling is recommended but not required.
- 200 round of birdshot, 15 rounds of slug, 15 rounds of buckshot
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Clothing appropriate for range / weather conditions. Shoes / boots must lace. Shorts not permitted.
- All students must wear either BDU / 5.11 type pants with side cargo pockets, or have some type of dump pouch on their body for loose ammo.
Sign up below or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Class fee: $150