April 5th, 2014 - Concealed Carry Handgun
Concealed Carry Handgun is 3T’s 1-day handgun course and is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of fighting for their life with a concealed handgun. Whether you are law enforcement, military, or armed civilian, Concealed Carry Handgun will strengthen your understanding of deploying and utilizing a concealed carry handgun in a lethal force encounter.
While we would prefer that everyone use a pistol during this class, revolvers are certainly permitted without issue. Regardless of the handgun you bring to the class, we’ll teach you how to shoot it better and increase your handgun skills.
Concealed Carry Handgun is a 10 hour course (0900-1900) that concludes with a low light exercise. If your pistol has a rail for a weapon mounted light, we very, very strongly recommend you have a weapon mounted white light. Weapon mounted light and hand held light techniques will be taught during Concealed Carry Handgun.
Concealed Carry Handgun Prerequisite: None
- Firearms Safety Rules
- 6 Fundamentals of the Tactical Pistol w/ specific focus upon concealed carry fundamentals
- Malfunction Clearing
- Proper Use of Cover and Concealment
- Threat Discrimination
- Drawing from a seated position and from a vehicle
- Low Light Exercise
- A serviceable pistol in a minimum caliber of 9mm, or a serviceable revolver with a minimum caliber of .38 special.
- 250 rounds of ball ammunition.
- A minimum of two magazines if using a pistol. A minimum of one speed loader if using a revolver. The more magazines / speed loaders, the better. At least one magazine / speed loader pouch.
- A strong, sturdy belt that can support the weight of a loaded handgun and several spare magazines. (A $3.99 Made In Taiwan belt from Wal-Mart is not gonna work.)
- A good, quality kydex (plastic) holster worn outside the waistband (OWB). All holsters must maintain their shape after the weapon has been drawn, and allow for smooth, one-handed re-holstering. Leather and nylon holsters are not permitted. All holsters will be worn on the shooters strong side hip - no exceptions.
- A quality hand held flashlight. If using a rechargeable flashlight, please make sure the light is fully charged before coming to the range. If using a battery operated flashlight, bring extra batteries.
- Eye and ear protection.
To register or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at 412-925-0818.
Class fee: $150