August 10, 2013 - Women's Only Intro to Handgun
Women’s Only Intro to Handgun is 3T’s eight hour, introductory level course specifically designed for women who are new to firearms in general, or new to handguns in particular. While safety is stressed at all times, this course is taught in a fun, relaxed environment free of macho attitudes and weekend-warrior, Hollywood nonsense. Whether you just want to have a handgun in your home, or you have or are considering getting a concealed carry permit, this course will introduce you to the fundamentals of the handgun.
While we would prefer that everyone use a pistol during this class, revolvers are certainly permitted without issue. Regardless of the handgun you bring to the class, we’ll teach you how to shoot it.
- Firearms Safety Rules
- Responsible Storage of Firearms in the Home
- Cycle of Operation – How Guns Work
- Loading and Unloading
- 6 Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
- Basic Principles of Concealed Handgun Carry
- A serviceable pistol in a minimum caliber of 9mm, or a serviceable revolver with a minimum caliber of .38 special.
- 150 rounds of ball ammunition.
- A minimum of two magazines if using a pistol. A minimum of one speed loader if using a revolver. The more magazines / speed loaders, the better. At least one magazine / speed loader pouch.
- A strong, sturdy belt that can support the weight of a loaded handgun and several spare magazines. (A $3.99 Made In Taiwan belt from Wal-Mart is not gonna work.)
- A good, quality kydex (plastic) holster if attending in plainclothes / civilian attire. Leather and nylon holsters are not permitted. All holsters will be worn on the shooters strong side hip - no exceptions.
- Eye and ear protection.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the equipment required for this course.
Class fee: $150