April 28, 2013 - Intro to the AR-15
Over the past several months we have seen a tremendous amount of new gun owners in the United States, with many of these individuals purchasing AR15 carbines. Intro to the AR15 is 3T’s eight hour, introductory level course for those individuals who have no prior, formal training on the AR15 carbine.
Many years ago a firearms instructor once said “I can go out tomorrow and buy a piano. It doesn’t mean that I’m now Billy Joel.” The same mentality applies to gun owners purchasing firearms they are not familiar with.
While owning a firearm is a right, and you won’t find stronger supporters of the 2nd Amendment anywhere than us here at 3T, it’s also a very serious responsibility that is not to be taken lightly. Bottom line - responsible gun owners get professionally trained.
Intro to the AR15 Prerequisite: None
- Firearms Safety Rules
- History of the AR15 / M16
- AR15 Nomenclature
- Cycle of Operation – Gas / Piston
- Zeroing / Mechanical Zero
- Loading / Unloading
- 6 Fundamentals of Carbine Marksmanship
- Use of the Mechanical Safety
- Malfunction Clearing
- Selection of Mounts, Optics, Lights, Lasers, Slings, etc.,
- AR15 series carbine with a sling.
- 150 rounds of ball ammunition.
- A minimum of 2 magazines. The more magazines, the better.
- Iron sights are required on ALL weapons. Optics are optional.
- Eye and ear protection.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about the equipment required for this course.