3T’s Shotgun Gunfighter course is a two-day class dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of fighting with a shotgun. Day 1 of this class ends with a low light shoot.
Topics covered include:
- Fundamentals of shotgun marksmanship, with particular emphasis on stance, mount, and grip.
- Patterning buckshot from each students shotgun.
- Accuracy of shotgun slugs.
- Heavy emphasis on slug change over drills (aka Select-A-Slug drills.)
- Heavy emphasis on shotgun reloading.
- Shotgun accessories discussed in detail, to include sling selection and mounting, different shotgun sighting systems including the use of red dot sights, weapon mounted lights, and more.
- Positional shooting.
- Shooting from cover.
Required Equipment and Ammunition
- A 12 or 20 gauge pump action or semi-auto shotgun.* (Note: Please see below about using other types of shotguns in this class.)
- *All shotguns must have a sling. We very highly recommend two-point adjustable slings from either Blue Force Gear or Viking Tactics.
- *All shotguns must have a side saddle mounted on the receiver, NOT on the stock.
- A weapon mounted light is recommended but is NOT required.
- 200 rounds of birdshot (any size is fine), 25 rounds of buckshot, 25 slugs.
- Shooting / tactical gloves. If you don’t have a pair, baseball batting gloves work very well.
- All students must have either a belt worn dump pouch, or if not using a dump pouch, all students must wear BDU or 5.11 style pants that have side cargo pockets that can hold at least 25 shotgun shells.
- Eye and ear protection.
*Note: If you would like to use a shotgun for this class that is not a pump action or semi-auto shotgun, it is almost never a problem. However, we do ask that you contact us before signing up for the course so we can discuss the shotgun you would like to use. You can contact us by phone at 412-925-0818 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class fee: $275, payable below -