3T’s 2-Day Pistol Gunfighter course is not about shooting – it’s about learning how to fight for your life with a pistol. Whether law enforcement, military, or armed civilian, our Pistol course will enhance your skills when utilizing the pistol in a deadly force encounter.
2-Day Pistol Gunfighter is a 20-hour, 2-day course that strongly focuses upon perfecting the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship and perfecting weapon manipulations. Students will continually be pushed to be as fast as possible while always maintaining a 100% accuracy standard.
While we would prefer that everyone use a pistol during this class, revolvers are certainly permitted without issue. Regardless of the handgun you bring to the class, we’ll teach you how to better fight with it.
Prerequisite: A prior pistol class with 3T, or a pistol class with a known and reputable instructor. NRA Basic Handgun does not meet the prerequisite standard for this course.
- 7 Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
- Threat Discrimination
- Weapon Manipulations – Making Ready, Reloading, and Malfunction Clearing will be very heavily emphasized throughout the entire course
- Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
- One handed drawing, shooting, reloading, and malfunction clearing
- Alternative / unorthodox shooting positions
- Distance shooting – engaging with the pistol at 50 yardsand beyond
- Multiple threat engagement
- Pivots and facing movements
- Drawing / shooting from a vehicle
- Low light exercises. We will do multiple low light exercises at the end of Day 1
- Introduction to shooting on the move – when, and why to do it.
- An in depth lecture on proper pistol and gear selection will be offered at the conclusion of Day 2
Note: All students will perform low light exercises with both hand held and pistol mounted lights. Weapon mounted pistol lights will be loaned to those students who do not have a pistol light.
- A serviceable pistol in a minimum caliber of 9mm, or a serviceable revolver with a minimum caliber of .38 special.
- A minimum of 1,000 rounds of ball ammunition.
- A minimum of three magazines if using a pistol. A minimum of five speed loaders if using a revolver. The more magazines / speed loaders, the better. NOTE: If you are bringing a M1911 to this class, you must bring at least five functional, high quality magazines. It is VERY strongly recommended that all shooters bring a minimum of five magazines.
- A strong, sturdy belt that can support the weight of a loaded handgun and several spare magazines. (A $3.99 Made In Taiwan belt from Wal-Mart is not going to work.)
- A duty holster if law enforcement / military, or a good, quality kydex (plastic) holster if attending in plainclothes / civilian attire. Leather and nylon holsters are not permitted. All holsters will be worn on the shooters strong side hip - no exceptions. OWB holsters are strongly recommended, but IWB holsters are permitted if they are made of kydex or very strong, quality leather that allows the shooter to re-holster without difficulty.
- Note: Blackhawk Serpa holsters are not permitted during this course.
- A quality hand held LED flashlight with a minimum lumen output of 200 lumens. If using a rechargeable flashlight, please ensure the light is fully charged before coming to the range. If using a battery-operated flashlight, bring extra batteries.
- Eye and ear protection.
Cost: $350, payable below or over the phone. Please read below for our cancellation and refund policy.