The AR15 weapon system is by far the most popular semi-auto rifle/carbine in the United States today, and is truly "America's Gun". In service with the U.S. military for over 50 years, this weapon has proved it's effectiveness time and time again all over the world. Whether you have previous training on the M16/M4/AR platform or you have recently purchased your first AR, 3T's 2 day AR Operator course is designed from the ground up to teach students the fundamentals of gun fighting with the AR platform. Whether you are military, law enforcement, or a civilian this course will greatly increase your skill level with the AR15. There are no prerequisites for this course.
TOPICS COVERED WILL BE:
- Firearms Safety Rules
- Developing Proper Situational Awareness
- Carbine Zeroing
- 7 Fundamentals of Carbine Marksmanship
- Carbine Reloads and Malfunction Clearing
- Carbine to Pistol Transitions
- Proper Use of Cover and Concealment
- Threat Discrimination
- Standard and Non-Standard Shooting Positions
- Shooting While Moving
- Night Shoot / Low Light Exercise
- AR15 platform carbine* with a sling. 2 point adjustable slings are very strongly recommended. A weapon mounted white light is optional, but very, very strongly recommended. Additionally, a red dot optic is recommended, but not required. All students using an optic must have back-up iron sights on their carbine. *Class III weapons are permitted. If using a Class III weapon, please inform us in advance. *Anyone wishing to attend the course with an AK47 or variant is welcome to do so, but must inform us in advance.
- A minimum of 500 rounds .223 or 5.56.
- A minimum of 3 carbine magazines. The more magazines the better.
- The ability to carry at least two carbine magazines on your body, either by use of a chest rig or belt setup. A limited number of chest rigs are available for rent from 3T.
- A serviceable pistol in at least 9mm is optional, but recommended. Pistols must be worn in a kydex or duty type holster, either belt worn or drop leg. Chest rig mounted holsters are not permitted. 100 pistol rounds and a minimum of two pistol magazines are required for those students using a pistol.
- Shooting gloves are very strongly recommended. Baseball batting gloves also work very well.
- A quality hand held flashlight.
- Tinted and clear eye protection.
- Knee pads are recommended.
- Hearing protection.
- Clothing appropriate for weather conditions. BDU / 5.11 type pants with side leg pockets are recommended.
- An open mind, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.
- Minimum class size is 6, maximum class size is 12. Some students are already signed up, so reserve your spot ASAP.
All 3T courses are taught by certified instructors with years of military, law enforcement, and high threat security contracting experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. Threat discrimination and round accountability are core skills that are relentlessly emphasized.
To register or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at 412-925-0818.
Cost: $350, payable below or over the phone. Please read below for our cancellation and refund policy.